- These "big-leaf" Hydrangeas need to be sited correctly for the best blooming.
- Prefer rich, well drained soil in part (dappled) shade.
- Can tolerate sun in consistently moist soils.
- Some varieties have all-white blooms, some have red and green blooms and some have red blooms all season.
- Most have a flower color that is soil pH-dependent; blue in acidic soils, pink in alkaline soils.
- There will often be rose-pink, violet and lavender-blue flowers all on the same plant.
- Bloom on old AND new wood.
- Plant in sheltered locations and give them a winter mulch.
Hydrangea macrophylla 'PIIHM-II'
Hydrangea macrophylla 'Bailmer'
Endless Summer® Summer Crush®
Hydrangea macrophylla 'Bailmacfive'
Hydrangea macrophylla 'PIIHM-I'